This place is named after one of the first users, Åmund Hermundson Midtun.
He was married with Aagate Olsdtr Moen in 1823. They had 4 children,
and Ole got this place after his father when he died in 1833. Ole was married in 1853 with
Else Pedersdtr Melheim, and when she died he married Brita Tollevsdtr Hestetun. With his first
wife Ole had Åmund,Marita,Peder,Agate and Johanne. In the 1865 census we find them all living here
In the 1900 census there is only Ole together with his daughter Agate, and here son Johan.
The house on the picture was build up after the flood in 1860
Known persons from this place that emigrated to USA :